Terms and Conditions of Service
Please carefully read these Terms and Conditions before using the services provided by LS AGENCY & RESOURCES Reg No. 202303145307 (IP0586253-V), operating as “LangkawiSky.com” (“We,” “Us,” or “Our”), a company incorporated under the laws of Malaysia. These terms set forth the legally binding terms and conditions for your use of Our Services as provided through http://www.langkawisky.com (“Website”) (collectively referred to as “Services”).
1. Driver’s Age and License Requirements
The Renter and additional drivers must be between 21 to 65 years old for normal car category vehicles, holding a full and valid national or International Driving Licence. Other nationals with a valid driving license in English may drive in Malaysia for a maximum of 3 months (subject to country).
2. Rental Period
The Renter shall rent the vehicle for the rental period stated in the booking confirmation. LangkawiSky.com may agree to extend this rental period at its own discretion. If the renter fails to return the vehicle at the end of the period, LangkawiSky.com shall either charge the rental at the contracted rate for the period of time the renter has possession of the vehicle, or LangkawiSky.com resumes possession of the vehicle, in which case the renter shall be liable for all costs and expenses incurred by LangkawiSky.com in resuming possession of the vehicle. The Renter shall return the vehicle, along with all tires, tools, accessories, and equipment to the LangkawiSky.com station specified or any location on the enclosed rental agreements (location & date).
- 2.1 LangkawiSky.com Responsibilities
LangkawiSky.com shall maintain the vehicle to the manufacturer’s recommended standard.
LangkawiSky.com undertakes to ensure that the vehicle is in a roadworthy condition and suitable at the beginning of the rental period.
To ensure the car comes with valid insurance coverage.
Provide a replacement vehicle in case of an accident or breakdown with a similar class rented from LangkawiSky.com.
- 2.2 Renter’s Responsibilities
The Renter shall ensure the vehicle and keys are kept in good condition at all times during the period of the rental.
The Renter shall ensure the vehicle is kept locked when not in use, and the Renter will incur a charge (set by LangkawiSky.com from time to time) for lost keys.
The Renter shall utilize any security device fitted to or supplied with the vehicle. The Renter must ensure that the correct fuel is used for the vehicle.
The Renter shall be fully responsible for any damage to the exterior part of the vehicle caused by hitting any object. This applies irrespective of whether or not the Renter has opted for the super liability reduction option and liability reduction option.
(And so on for all points in Section 2)
Rates are for a minimum of 24 hours of rental. Additional hours will be calculated upon booking at one-fifth of the daily rate per hour up to a maximum of 3 hours upon booking. Rates include unlimited mileage, maintenance, passenger liability protection, and insurance cover of third-party property damage and third-party bodily injuries. Rates are in Ringgit Malaysia. Rates are subject to change without prior notice.
4. Term of Payment
- 4.1 Mode of Payment
LangkawiSky.com accepts credit and debit cards Visa and MasterCard upon online booking. Third-party credit cards are not accepted. The credit card presented must be in the name of the authorized renter. LangkawiSky.com reserves the right to refuse its car rental services if this term is not met. Bank transfer is allowed.
5. Cancellations Policy and Refund
If a renter cancels their reservation within 7 to 3 days prior to their rental start, they will receive a full refund. If a renter cancels less than 48 hours before the rental starts, they won’t receive any refund.
6. Extension of Rental and Penalty
Should the renter wish to extend the rental, appoint any additional drivers, amend pick up or return location, it is compulsory to advise LangkawiSky.com immediately to facilitate the extension of insurance coverage. Failure to notify will result in a penalty.
7. Other Charges
The renter shall pay the following charges:
- The rental charges and other optional charges at the rates shown on the rental agreement.
- Any charges for loss or damage resulting from non-compliance.
- A refueling charge due to insufficient fuel tank upon return (RETURN).
- On demand, all fines and court costs for parking, traffic, or other offenses (including any costs which arise if the vehicle is clamped or towed). The Renter must pay the appropriate authority any fines and costs failing which, the Renter shall be responsible to pay LangkawiSky.com an administration fee of Ringgit Malaysia Twenty (MYR20.00) when LangkawiSky.com deals with these matters.
- On demand, the full cost of repairing or replacing the vehicle if it is damaged or stolen (even if it is not the Renter’s fault). The Renter may not have to pay the whole of the cost of repairing or replacing the vehicle if the Renter has accepted LangkawiSky.com Liability Reduction Option.
- On demand a loss of income charges. LangkawiSky.com will charge the Renter at the contracted rate if LangkawiSky.com is unable to rent out the vehicle on the grounds it needs to be repaired or is a total loss and LangkawiSky.com is waiting to receive full payment of the vehicle’s value. LangkawiSky.com shall not charge the Renter for more than 30 days loss of income. The renter shall also be liable to a charge for any diminution in value of the vehicle on resale as a result of damage to the vehicle during the rental period.
- On damage any charges made by the authorities as a result of a seizure.
- Any rates for delivering and collecting the vehicle which LangkawiSky.com will set from time to time.
- On demand LangkawiSky.com costs including legal fees where permitted by law, incurred in collecting payments due from the Renter hereunder.
- Value added tax and all other taxes and levies on any of the charges listed above, as appropriate.
8. Condition of Usage Vehicle
The vehicle shall not be operated by any person(s) who has given to LangkawiSky.com a fictitious name or false age or address. The vehicle shall only be driven by person(s) named overleaf, or by anyone LangkawiSky.com authorizes in writing. Anyone driving the vehicle must have held a valid full current driving license for at least one year. Probationary license holders are strictly not permitted to drive LangkawiSky.com vehicle. The renters or any authorized driver shall not use the vehicle for hire to rewards, any illegal purpose, vehicle off-road, racing, pace making, test drive, testing the vehicle’s reliability and speed, to propel or tow any vehicle or trailer or to teach someone to drive, under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or any other illegal substances as determined by the authorities. Carry a number of passengers and/or baggage which could cause the vehicle to be overloaded or to transport goods in violation of customs regulations or any illegal manner as determined by the authorities. Any cause of unpleasant odor (e.g., durian, salted fish, perfume, a material used in the practice of religion, etc.).
9. Termination of Agreement
Agreement of rental will be terminated upon the occurrence of one of the following events:
- If the Renter shall fail to cause any punctual payment of rental or any amount due hereunder.
- If the Renter shall fail to observe or perform any condition, term, or covenant herein;
- If the Renter suffers any distress or execution to be levied on the Renter’s goods or being a company make arrangement or arrangements with its creditors or enter into liquidation whether compulsory or voluntary or have a receiver appointed or winding-up order or proceedings is levied threatened upon the Renter or any judgment against the Renter shall remain unsatisfied for more than thirty (30) days.
10. Governing Law
This agreement is governed by the laws of Malaysia. Any dispute may be submitted to the jurisdiction of the Malaysia Courts. If any provision of this Agreement is or becomes invalid or unenforceable the remaining provisions shall not be affected.